Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's All About Me

I'm so excited. One more day open to the public and then I move everything to my studio. It's all empty and painted and ready to be settled in to. I forgot how much I love to move!

I'm sorry that everyone is sad. I know a lot of people really enjoyed shopping and hanging out but it is time. I've been wanting to close since the summer. It all started when I was offered a job in California. I was asked "what do you really want?" "What do you really want to do?" I realized that I was perfectly willing to move which meant I was perfectly willing to close the store. But I didn't want to re-open in California. I want to make jewelry. I promised myself 4 years ago to start a jewelry line and I haven't. I promised myself that I would master the flexshaft for drilling stones and master the soldering iron. I haven't done that. But I have been monitoring my sales and what sells well.

So, it's all about me. I want to sit at home and create. I want to play beads and I really miss it. That's what I really want. The online store will be filled with what sells well in Bella. If you've been in my shop you know how much I love color and how much I love to mix it up. Bracelet kits, Lariat Kits, Healing Bracelet kits, Knotted Necklace Kits, etc. etc. and of course, Project of Week will be online. Naturally I will have all the supplies needed to go with those projects plus Toho seed beads, wire, closures, etc and my pmc pieces.

Then just for fun I'm considering doing bead shows. At first I thought no way but Ruth suggested that it could really promote the online store besides having a new venue and it really makes sense to try a few if not just for the fun of traveling and meeting new people.

And last but not least, I really miss my family. This is such a great way for me to still have my business but all on my terms and maybe sneak in a vacation once in awhile. My boys have grown so big and have been so patient and now I want to spend more time with them. I'm so lucky that the business has grown and is capable of going worldwide~

Thank you to all my loyal and wonderful customers and dearest friends.

4 comments:

joan said...

You really seem so happy and content with your decision. It is time that you get to do what you want. To spend more time with your family and create beautiful jewelry - what fun it will be.

Joan

joan said...

You really seem so happy and content with your decision. It is time that you get to do what you want. To spend more time with your family and create beautiful jewelry - what fun it will be.

Joan

Trixie said...

I agree with Joan! It is great to hear that confident voice. The passionate one that is ready for a new adventure, ready for the fun to begin. Sounds as if you are brimming with ideas...and lucky me, I still get to see/hear from you here!

Ruth Rae said...

world wide domanation is the only way to go!

You need to make a califorina trip soon! I miss you! if I had not been out of town, so much over the last few months I would be coming over to help you settle into your new space! what fun!